Saturday 25 August 2007

What This Is, and Why

Inspired by the incomparable Bitchy Jones, I've decided to try to write about sex. Well, not sex exactly; I'm not intending to give lots of gory details. More to try to thrash out (ho ho) the stuff that goes on in my head and why some things turn me on so much.

I found myself on a train the other day, coming back from a work-type thing. Beautiful countryside outside, water and bridges and hills. I was very sleepy (it had been an early start) but I knew I should get on with something useful, so I took out my notepad and my biro. The sun was warm on my skin and I couldn't concentrate on work. Instead, I found myself wandering into the dark alleyways of my mind: replaying real events, fantasising about different endings. I scribbled four sides of A4 in an intense 20-minute burst, and presenting a version of that here seems like a good place to start (if I can decipher my own handwriting).

No comments: